232XSS Series - Serial RS-232 Data Switches
Model 232BSS4, our most versatile and intelligent smart serial data switch. A single RS-232 port on your PC can now communicate seamlessly with four or more RS-232 devices.
Once configured, simply run your existing application software to converse with each device as if it was directly wired to your PC.
When used with B&B Electronics RS-485 or fiber optic converters, the Model 232BSS4 smart serial data switch may be connected to PCs or serial devices miles away. Requires 12 VDC power. Model 232PS is recommended.
- Free set-up software included for XP, 2000
- User friendly graphic interface
- Configure each port individually from your PC
- 8 KB buffer on each port ensures no lost data
- Connectors: master DB25 female, slaves DB9 male
- Mix and match baud rates
Model 232MSS2 is a compact four port mini RS-232 switch box. Its master port may be configured as either a DTE or DCE port. If the master port is DTE, the four other ports automatically become DCE ports. This model offers enhanced features that automatically control transmit/ receive functions, stop inadvertent switching from binary/graphic file transfers and inactive slave devices from holding control of the master port.
- 4 RS-232 DB9 female slave ports
- Automatic transmit and receive control
- Supports 1200 to 115.2 kbps
- Requires 12 VDC power supply, Model 232PS recommended
Model 485DSS is a distributed smart switch. Use this model when your RS-232 devices are scattered. The Model 485DSS uses RS-485 technology to reach RS-232 peripherals up to 4,000 feet away. Each serial data switch has a unique address. A simple serial command from your host turns communications on or off or requests status. QuickBasic demo software is included.
- Attach a unit to each “dumb” RS-232 device to make it a network node
- Network up to 32 RS-232 devices up to 4,000 feet away
- Requires 12 VDC power supply, Model 485PS2 recommended