EXT-CU-LAN KVM/Video Matrix Kontroller
The EXT-CU-LAN Matrix Controller is a hardware platform designed to manage and control the Gefen family of Video and KVM over IP products in a virtual matrix environment. Its comprehensive and user-friendly interface can be accessed by any web-enabled device, including phones, tablets, and PCs. End-users can control matrix routing and access presets, no matter the size and complexity of the system. It also manages access to the AV network, providing two independent levels of security for administrators and end-users. Setup of the matrix system is simple and straightforward. All connected Gefen Video or KVM over IP products are automatically detected and configured as necessary.
Its conventional front-panel layout includes push-buttons and a 40-character backlit display, dramatically reducing end-user learning curve by emulating a standard AV matrix. The EXT-CU-LAN has been designed to work in conjunction with the Gefen Syner-G™ software, available from the Gefen website. Gefen Syner-G™ simplifies discovery and IP configuration of this product. Once installed on a Local Area Network, the EXT-CU-LAN facilitates quick identification of all Gefen Video and KVM over IP devices that are on the network and assigns IP addresses to them.
The Gefen Matrix Controller's unique enclosure shape provides flexible installation options. Its slanted front panel enhances user access to push-buttons and provides for better display readability when placed on a conference table. Its 2U tall enclosure and detachable rack ears facilitate installation in a standard 19-inch-wide equipment rack.
In addition to its plethora of user control options via web-enabled handheld devices, front panel, and the included IR remote, this product features Telnet and UDP for integration into an automation control system. With applications ranging from broadcast, rental/staging, control rooms, security, digital signage, campus/education, to multi-room AV, the EXT-CU-LAN provides a complete and cost-effective solution for managing video and audio in classrooms, conference rooms, command centers, and as the backbone of any high performance system that needs to interface with multiple sources and displays, AV formats, and resolutions in a dynamic environment.
- Display: 2 lines, 20 characters per line, Liquid Crystal Display, backlit
- Push-buttons: (28) tact-type
- IR Sensor: (1) on front panel
- LAN 1 IP Port: (1) RJ-45 jack, POE-enabled
- LAN 2 IP Port: (1) RJ-45 jack
- Power Indicator: (1) LED, blue
- Power Supply: 5V DC, locking connector
- Power Consumption: 4.3W maximum
- Operating Temperature: +32 to +122 °F (0 to +50 °C)
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 90% RH, non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: -4 to +185 °F (-20 to +85 °C)
- Storage Humidity: 0% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- MTBF: 50000 hours
- Dimensions without rack ears (excluding buttons & connectors, W x H x D):
- 17" x 3.5" x 2.7" (432mm x 88mm x 68mm)
- Dimensions with rack ears (excluding buttons & connectors, W x H x D):
- 19" x 3.5" x 2.7" (482mm x 88mm x 68mm)
- Net Unit Weight: 3.7 lbs (1.7 kg)
- Packaged Weight: 5.6 lbs (2.6 kg)