MergePoint Unity KVM over IP Switches mit 8-32 Ports für 1-8 KVM Konsolen
The Avocent MergePoint Unity™ switch is the fourth-generation KVM over IP switch from Avocent® solutions.
This switch provides IT administrators a complete remote management solution to access and control servers, networking equipment and other devices found in data centers and branch offices.
The Avocent MergePoint UnityTM switch enhances the in-band management typically done through the NIC of IT equipment by providing secure and remote out-of-band connections directly to the physical KVM, USB and serial ports. This unified approach enables IT administrators a faster method to diagnose, reconfigure or restore equipment to meet SLAs and minimize downtime.
Improve Remote Management and Staff Efficiency
- Reduce the time required to remotely diagnose/reconfigure/repair/restore servers as well as network devices and other hardware with serial configuration and/or management consoles.
- Complement in-band tools to create a more complete remote management solution to access servers and network equipment at remote locations.
- Virtual media enables remote USB connections to map CD-ROM and other USB mass storage devices directly to remote servers to transfer/copy files, load updates or install new applications, etc.
- Integrated serial device support allows secure SSH connections to the physical serial ports of devices attached to the MPUIQ-SRL module. The Cisco® configuration settings electronically pin out the module to enable a fast and direct connection to Cisco configuration ports, without the need for any additional external wiring adapters or special wiring.
Improve Physical Security
- Remote smart card/CAC reader support is provided for advanced security requirements. Using the virtual media capabilities of the Avocent MergePoint UnityTM switch, a smart card reader can be mapped from a desktop PC out to a remote server.
- Reduce the need to physically enter the data centers for local access and control. The Avocent MergePoint UnitTM switch provides remote users the capabilities of a direct physical connection from anywhere to KVM, USB and serial ports of servers and other IT equipment.